A Fit4Life Harrow Charter has been produced by London Borough of Harrow, the Public Health team and Harrow Education Partnership teams. The charter is a commitment from ALL Harrow schools to improve the health outcomes of its pupils.
As a parent/carer of a Harrow pupil, you should support your child by:
- Reducing the amount of sugary foods and drinks
- Providing healthy snacks at the end of the school day
- Exercise with children outside of school for at least 30 minutes a day – this could be as simple as a walk to and from school
- Sign-up and regularly attend an NHS Dentist and ensure your child brushes their teeth at least twice a day
- Ensure your children are up-to-date with vaccinations
- Talk to your children each day about how they are feeling and how their day went.
Health and fitness must be a priority to help improve young children’s life chances.
NHS Change For Life: https://www.nhs.uk/healthier-families/food-facts/
Take care of your teeth and gums: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-teeth-and-gums/take-care-of-your-teeth-and-gums/
Children's Mental Health: https://www.childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk/
Priestmead School is part of the walk to school initiative and would like all parents to be involved in our community to support this for a healthier and environmentally life and take responsibility of encouraging our children to walk, scooter, cycle or park and stride to school.