What are our Aims?
The latest guidance for Ofsted inspectors, published in September 2013, listed the following factors to be considered when judging the effective use of the PE & Sports Premium by schools:
- the increase in participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics
- the increase and success in competitive school sports
- how much more inclusive the physical education curriculum has become
- the growth in the range of provisional and alternative sporting activities
- the improvement in partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners
- links with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater social, spiritual, moral and cultural skills
- the greater awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health.